Full time, Live-in Career, Travel Nanny needed to Travel the World and Live Abroad! - Ref. #WRD0409
An easy-going, active, and cultured family is seeking a full-time, live-in nanny to join them on their journey of raising their 2.5 year old and infant. The family is based dually in Europe and Los Angeles, as well as NYC, and they are open to candidates who would relocate for the role if presently authorized to work in the U.S. Incredible opportunity for the right nanny who loves their job! The family presently has a nanny who has been with them since the first child’s birth. The second child is on the way, but will have a newborn care specialist for the first 6 months.
The role requires a nanny to live-in and be on duty 5 days and 4 nights, typically Monday-Friday, but flexibility on the specific days required when traveling. Trips may be weeks to months long, and pre-arranged, so nanny must be someone who is equally adventurous, genuinely caring and knowledgeable about toddlerhood, and is comfortable living and working abroad for several months straight.
Nanny will be responsible for full care related to children including laundry, meal preparation, driving, packing for trips, planning, organizing and transporting to and from activities often in new cities, air and ground travel with child (at times independently), and cooking.
The ideal nanny is a French speaking person who is caring, mellow, has personal confidence, and is organized.
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs., climb steps, and be active to navigate public transportation and cities with a child
- have 5 years of experience in childcare, specifically with the early childhood years, and in infancy
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- ideally speak French fluently
- submit to a background check
- have a valid passport or work visa with travel permission
- have a professional childcare resume with three professional childcare references
- experienced and licensed driver with a clean record
- be a strong swimmer
- be able to travel with notice
- be confident and personally travel-savvy, as there are trips where you may fly abroad with a child alone
- be highly tech savvy
- have a warm and calm disposition, able to take the reins with confidence, but step back when family members are providing childcare
- encourage independence, and be conversational and engaging
- be cooperative and work together as a team, and give and receive new ideas and approaches
- have impeccable communication skills, and understand the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
Special consideration given to those candidates who speak French, have traveled abroad extensively, and have experience with infants. Salary is $85k/year depending on experience, plus full health and dental benefits, and paid sick and vacation time. Fantastic opportunity to care for two sweet children while seeing the world!
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker
If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #WRD0409
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)