Full time, Live-out Infant Nanny needed UWS Manhattan - Ref. #UWST1103
A relaxed, caring, and energetic Upper West Side new family of 3 is seeking a full-time, live-out experienced, warm, and proactive infant nanny. Their baby will be roughly 2 months at start. The amount of guaranteed hours would be between 45-50 hours. Both parents are doctors, and so there is a need for a flexible schedule, typically arranged in advance. The normal schedule will be Monday 10 am-6 pm, Tuesday and Wednesday 7 am - 7pm (possibly later, and an overnight stay may be required if there is a medical emergency, for additional compensation), Thursdays 6 am - 8 pm, and Friday may be off, or just a half day. As you can see, the hours may be long, however they have a guest suite for the nanny to stay the night if that is easier for your commute if working very late. Any shift in hours would be noted beforehand, however the nanny MUST be “on-call” early Tuesday morning through Thursday night, to be paid overtime for all hours worked.
The ideal nanny is someone who is joyful, laid-back yet organized, flexible in schedule, particularly Tuesday-Thursday, and lives within a reasonable commute of the Upper West Side due to the hours. Nanny will be responsible for full care related to children including laundry, tidying the baby’s areas and bottles, eventual meal preparation, planning playdates and organizing activities, transporting the baby, and get outside a lot to support social and physical growth! Spanish speaking is a huge plus.
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs. and climb steps up brownstone
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a professional childcare resume
- have three professional childcare references
- have minimum 3 years of professional experience in childcare, one of which must be specifically with infants
- 2 years as a nanny
- be able to sleepover on rare occasions Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays, as mom is a Doctor and sometimes there are emergencies
- be comfortable with a cat in the home
- have vaccination for tDap, preference for flu shot (employer will provide)
- have a warm and calm disposition, able to take the reins with confidence, but step back when need be, being cooperative and working together as a team - giving and receiving new ideas and approaches
- encourage independence, and be conversational and engaging
- have impeccable communication skills, and understand the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
Special consideration given to those candidates who speak Spanish, can travel very rarely, and have multiple past positions as an infant nanny.
Salary is dependent on experience, $21-23/hr gross (pre-tax) base plus Overtime rate after 40 hours, a healthcare stipend for your health insurance, overnight stipend, plus paid holidays, sick and vacation time. Guaranteed minimum hours 45-50 hours a week.
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #UWST1103
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)