Full-time, Live-out Nanny needed in Upper West Side NYC - Ref. #UWSD3009
A kind, hands-on, and active family of 4 is seeking an engaging and developmentally-minded full-time nanny and family assistant to join their family soon! Their twin boys are 6 years old, outdoorsy, and a lot of fun. Family also has an older golden retriever who is a member of the family, and also has a dog walker, but they may need help taking him on quick walks, so a dog-lover is required. The family believes in engaging and playing together, and they don’t believe in over-scheduling and lots of rigid time-filling activities - they are seeking someone to observe the children’s interests, and be responsive to plan fun things to do together. The children love baking, Legos, creative play, acting, reading, and music. The family culture is to be active, engaged with the present; they don’t incorporate ‘screen time’ during the week.
Schedule is flexible to be set but to generate 40 hours total, they would need Monday-Friday sometime between at least 12-8:30pm; can chunk some hours onto one or two days, or have a later date night. The person MUST be able to shift the hours to the morning if they boys are out of school for school holidays.
The ideal nanny is someone who has a warm, flexible and accommodating personality, able to work well with laid-back parents and children who are looking for a friend and guide through life. Nanny will be responsible for full care related to children including laundry, transporting from school and activities like Central Park, and organizing activities, as well as some household assistant tasks when the boys are in school, like grocery shopping, helping to prepare healthy, simple, and kid-friendly meals for a no-meat family, and providing occasional care for the dog (they also employ a daily dog walker and a weekly housekeeper). Someone who is a leader and yet a part of the team to be a support for the parents when they are able to be hands-on. They value and respect caregivers, and are looking for someone who can seamlessly step in and out, and take initiative to help with the child-related tasks when necessary! While it is not required, special consideration given to those candidates who have an education degree or further childhood educational development, or past teaching experience, and can occasionally travel internationally.
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs. and climb steps
- have 5 years of experience in childcare, some of which must be specifically with school-aged children, and at least 2 full-time years as a nanny or teacher
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a professional childcare resume, and three professional childcare references
- must love dogs (an older, friendly golden retriever who may need a bathroom walk from time to time)
- must have a flexible schedule to shift in advance for school closures
- be comfortable preparing some simple and healthy meals
- have a warm, conversational, and easygoing disposition, able to take the reins with confidence, but step back and support parents when need be
- encourage children’s independence and curiosity
- be cooperative and work together as a team, and give and receive new ideas and approaches
- have impeccable communication skills, and understand the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
Salary is $27-29/hr gross (pre-tax) depending on education and experience, plus paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker
If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #UWSD3009
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)