Full time, Live-out Educated Co-Nanny needed Upper West Side - Ref. #UWSB0107
A respectful, tight-knit, loving family of 5 on the Upper West Side, Manhattan is seeking a full-time, supportive and highly-organized self-starter nanny to join their crew. They also have a support nanny part-time after school. We have met their 3 children, ages 5-10, and they are polite, sweet, and a lot of fun. The schedule will be Monday-Friday, 11:30-8:30pm, (or 12-8, depending on the amount of hours desired). You must be flexible with your schedule in the event of a child’s sick day, or school holiday to come in earlier and shift the hours. More hours are offered on the weekends, and for travel, if overtime is desired.
Family has had the same nanny for 5 years, and she has become one of the family. They are looking to replicate this close bond with their next nanny, in time! Family is laid back and tight-knit, wanting someone who will be a part of the family. A genuine love of school-aged children is a must!
The most successful nanny will be someone who is highly proactive and independent: able to take-charge with household organization, cooking, and tidying up before school pick-ups, attentive to the children’s emotional and social development, and lovingly-disciplined with children to guide them as they learn and grow. Nanny will be responsible for full care related to children including laundry, planning and preparing healthy meals , transporting to and from school and activities. While the children are in school, the nanny will be responsible for managing things at home, making sure things are prepared for their next school day, meals, and schedules managed. A high level of organization is required, as is reliability.
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs. and climb steps
- have 5 years of full-time professional experience in childcare, 2 of which must be specifically with school-aged children, and at least 2 years as a full-time nanny in a similar role
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a professional childcare resume and three professional childcare references
- have a college degree, or coursework toward a degree
- highly reliable, and have a somewhat flexible morning schedule only in the event of a child’s sick day or school holiday
- have a warm and attentive disposition with superb communication skills, able to take the reins with confidence, and stay on top of the family’s various needs
- encourage independence, and be conversational and educationally-minded
- be cooperative and work together as a team, and give and receive new ideas and approaches
- demonstrate developmentally-appropriate practices for the children’s various ages
- have exceptional communication skills, and understand the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
Special consideration given to those candidates who can travel, drive, and swim (not required).
Salary is $1150-1350/week gross (pre-tax) depending on the amount of hours, your educational level and experience, plus paid holidays, sick and vacation time, and metrocard.
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #UWSB0107
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)