Full time, Live-out Fluent French Speaking Nanny needed Upper West Side, Manhattan - Ref. #UWS30306
A devoted and hands-on family of 5 in the Upper West Side is seeking a helpful and loving full-time, live-out French Speaking nanny to come join their creative family. Their children are 8 months, 7, and 9, full of love and joy. The schedule will be Mon-Thurs, 9:30am-6:30pm, with 40 hours guaranteed per week in the hope to do a date night. Most of the day is with the baby while their daughters are in school.
The family is fun-loving, creative, and playful. They are a practicing Catholic family who values community, creativity, and their faith. The ideal nanny is someone who is fluent in French, respectful, equally playful, and above all, willing to be proactive to be hands-on as a valued helpmate of their family. Nanny will be responsible for full care related to children including laundry, planning and preparing meals, maintaining daily routines, transporting to and from school and activities, playdates and organizing activities, as well as trading off with mom from time to time. International travel to France is requested, but not a deal breaker.
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs. and climb steps
- have 3 years of experience in childcare, some of which must be specifically with early toddlers
- have consistent experience as either a teacher and/or babysitter, if you have not worked in a long-term nanny position with the same family before
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a professional childcare resume
- have three professional childcare references
- be able to travel occasionally
- be comfortable with a cat in the home
- speak French on a fluent or native level
- be comfortable provide homework help
- have a warm and calm disposition, able to take the reins with confidence, but step back when need be and be an extra set of helping hands
- encourage independence, and be conversational and engaging
- be cooperative and work together as a team, and give and receive new ideas and approaches
- have impeccable communication skills, and understand the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
Special consideration given to those candidates who can travel internationally for a few weeks, have tutoring or teaching experience, or a college degree in education. Salary is $23-26/hr gross (pre-tax) completely dependent on experience, plus paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker
If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #UWS30306
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)