Full time, Live-in Family Assistant and Nanny needed in Tribeca - Ref. #TRI3009
A professional, warm, and active family of 4 is seeking a flexible and mature full-time, live-in family assistant and nanny to work an unconventional job with a warm family, and fabulous compensation. Their children are 9 and 11, inquisitive and loving, and they are needing some live-in support in the mornings and evenings. A great position for the right long-term professional person who is in the right stage of life to mold right into this loving family. The family has another full-time nanny for afternoons during the week and this role would be to assist; they also have a part-time housekeeper and understand the need for a respectful and balanced environment, as their current employees have been working together for years.
The ideal candidate is someone who is a hands-on, can-do, assertive person, while equally being flexible in personality, empathetic and mature with children, knowing how to set limits and boundaries with love and kindness. The family desires someone who can create daily responsibilities for the children and foster a sense of autonomy. Responsibilities to include care related to children including laundry, meal preparation, transporting to and from school and activities, facilitating chores and homework, travel with the family via plane, organizing their belongings, and keeping the environment tidy and in order together with the children. A strong level of communication about how the children are doing in the day is a must, as well as experience as a nanny.
While the hands-on time with the children is less, the weekday schedule requires a split shift with hours after bedtime, set up to facilitate the parent’s last-minute work changes. Monday, Tuesdays (morning only), Thursdays, and Friday, it is roughly 6:30am start until about 10am (whenever their morning tasks and clean up is done). Then, back on duty at 2:30pm until midnight. Days off will be Tuesdays after the kids have gone to school through Thursday morning. Weekends will be worked, every other weekend. This can shift so someone who is flexible is important. The salary is the same whether only 3 full days are worked or 5.
Base salary is roughly $85-98k/year (pre-tax), plus full health insurance, vacation and sick time, and additional overtime when traveling or working more than 60 hours per week. Rate dependent upon education and experience with other similar jobs. It is a plus, but not required, if you can travel on Christmas and Easter, have had other long-term live-in nanny experience can swim, drive, speak a second language, and/or ability to work or travel on the major holidays for additional compensation
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs. and climb steps in the home
- have 4 years of full-time nanny experience (preferably live-in but not required), and at least some of which with children of similar ages
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one before start
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a valid passport or visa with travel permission
- have a professional childcare resume with 3 past supervisor references
- be able to travel about 3 times per year
- have a warm and proactive disposition, able to take charge with a gentle confidence, but step back when parents are home
- encourage independence and personal responsibility, and be conversational and engaging
- be cooperative and work together as a team, and give and receive new ideas and approaches
- have impeccable communication skills, and understand the unique relationship of living in and providing private care in someone’s home
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker
If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #TRI3009
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)