Full time, Live-out Nanny needed Prospect Heights, Brooklyn - Ref. #PHS0306
A hands-on, connected, and working family of four in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn is seeking a mindful and attentive full-time, live-out long-term nanny beginning in June. Their considerate and playful children are 3 and 7. The schedule will be Monday-Friday, 7am-6:30pm. The family has had their current nanny working with them for many years, and they are looking for someone who wants to come in and be a part of the family, is helpful and takes initiative, and grow to be just as a third parent in a sense. We have met them all in home, and they are a tight-knit, welcoming crew. Parents are hands-on, but also working full-time, so someone who has confidence to take charge of household tasks, daily disciplines, and step into their respected and supported role in the home.
The ideal nanny is someone who is friendly and warm, highly-reliable, and experienced in similar positions with at least 3 years of full-time experience. Someone who genuinely loves children, and can demonstrate knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices for the children’s different stages in life. A mindful person who is looking to grow with the family, and does not mind to help maintain the flow and organization of the home, doing some meal preparation, and staying on top of their children’s schedules and belongings.
Nanny will be responsible for full care related to children including supporting the children’s emotional, physical, and social needs, transporting to and from school and activities, and organizing activities. While the children are in school, the nanny would be responsible for light laundry and meal preparation, preparing and tidying the environment, and organizing their belongings - all things to maintain the flow and order of the home while the parents are at work. Some travel is required, though rare.
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs., climb steps, and active to walk children to activities
- have a minimum of 5 years of experience in childcare: 3 of which must be specifically as a nanny, as well as experience with early childhood and elementary aged kids
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a valid passport or visa with travel permission
- have a professional childcare resume and three professional childcare references
- be able to travel (rarely, and with notice)
- have a mindful and expressive disposition, aware of the power of words, and maintaining a kind yet clear approach to conversing with a child
- able to take charge with confidence, yet be open to direction
- encourage independence, and be a great listener and conversationalist with their social daughters
- be cooperative and work together as a team, and give and receive new ideas and approaches
- have impeccable communication skills, and understand the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
Although not required, special consideration given to those candidates who, when traveling, can drive and swim.
Salary is $75,000-85,000/year gross (pre-tax), depending on experience and education, plus monthly health stipend, paid holidays, sick and vacation time, and metrocard.
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker
If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #PHS0306
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)