Full time, Live-out Infant Nanny needed soon! - Ref. #NJWH0309
A kind, professional, and loving family of 3 is seeking a full-time, live-out nanny beginning ASAP. Their son will be roughly 4 months at start. The schedule will be Monday-Friday 8am-6pm with some flexibility on the start and end time in the event of an early or later work meeting. Start date at the latest to be after Labor Day. They live in Weehawken, NJ one bus stop (15 minute ride) from Port Authority in Manhattan; bus fare is included in compensation.
The ideal nanny is someone who is experienced, engaging, and intentional in their developmentally-minded care of the baby. There will be a high-level of independence and trust in this position, so applicants must be highly experienced in similar types of roles. Nanny must be a team player and friendly, warm, proactive, self-starter, and highly-skilled with infants. Family is laid back but also clean and orderly, so someone who can support that in a stress-free manner is great! The nanny will be responsible for full care related to the child including laundry, eventual meal planning and baby food preparation, setting up a nap schedule at home, planning and transporting to and from activities, etc. They have a cleaning service come a couple of times a month for deep cleaning, but basic maintenance of the child’s areas and kitchen is expected. They also have a lovely, huge, and affectionate dog!
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs.
- have 5 years of experience in childcare, 2 of which must be specifically as a nanny to an infant
- have a valid Infant CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a professional childcare resume and three professional childcare references
- be very comfortable with a very large, affectionate, and well-behaved dog
- have Tdap (whooping cough) and measles vaccinations
- be skilled in planning and preparing baby meals from scratch
- have a warm and playful presence, being highly engaging and conversational with the baby
- be cooperative and work together as a team, and give and receive new ideas and approaches
- have impeccable communication skills, and understand the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
Special consideration given to those candidates who can travel internationally, or speak a second language. It’s a plus if you can swim, as there is a pool at their home. Salary is $25-30/hr ($1375-1650/week gross (pre-tax)) depending on experience and education. Paid holidays off, generous vacation and sick time, healthcare stipend, and bus fare from Port Authority covered.
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker
If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #NJWH0309
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)