Full time, Live-out Nanny and Household Assistant needed near Grand Central Terminal, Manhattan - Ref. #MDE2506
A caring, active, and cultured family of three is seeking a cheerful, helpful and patient full-time, live-out nanny beginning ASAP. Their daughter is nearly 4, observant, and inquisitive - loves her routines, and playtime! Both parents are professionals in their careers and are seeking someone to be a steady, reliable rock in their family whom they could trust with their daughter’s total care. The schedule will be 7:45am-6:45pm four days a week, and one day about 6 hours (12:45pm-6:45pm) with flexibility to choose which day that will be (will rotate each week), minimum 50 hrs guaranteed per week. We have met the family in their home, and they are down-to-earth, respectful, and professional individuals.
The ideal nanny is someone who is patient, conversational, organized, and emotionally intelligent, able to take initiative when they see a task or better approach that could be taken. Nanny will be responsible for full care related to children including child’s laundry and linens, grocery shopping and meal preparation for lunches and dinners, transporting to and from school and activities, playdates and organizing activities, as well as some household organizational tasks while she is in school or camp all day. Family has a weekly housekeeper, and the nanny would only be responsible for maintaining the overall tidiness of home. When their daughter is home, the ideal nanny will be focused on supporting her development, autonomy, and curiosity with lots of conversation, patience, and above all, fun!
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs. and climb steps
- have 3 years of experience in childcare with ages 3 and up
- 1 year as a full-time, long-term nanny
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a valid passport or visa with travel permission
- have a professional childcare resume
- have three professional childcare references
- be able to swim well, as there is a pool in the apartment building
- speak fluent and clear English
- have a warm and calm personality, able to take the reins with confidence, but step back when need be
- encourage independence, and be conversational and engaging
- be cooperative, take initiative when you notice an area that could be improved upon, and work together as a loving team, giving and receiving new ideas and approaches as you see fit for two working parents
- have impeccable communication skills, and understand the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
Special consideration given to those candidates who are able to travel. Salary is $1150-1250/week (pre-tax), depending on experience and education level, plus hourly overtime, paid time off, and possible contributions to healthcare stipend.
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker
If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #MDE2506
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)