Experienced Infant Nanny needed in the Upper West Side NYC - Ref. #KUWS2309
A calm, respectful and kind new family of 3 in the Upper West Side, Manhattan is seeking an attentive and experienced live-out nanny beginning in September. The schedule can be set for the right candidate, between 30-50 hours a week, depending on what the right nanny wants. Their son will be roughly 5 months at start. If a part-time schedule is desired by the nanny, they would like 3, 10-hour days a week (one of which must be Tuesday). If full time is desired, the schedule is roughly 8:45am-6:15pm, but can be modified for the right person.
The ideal nanny is someone who is warm, friendly, and observant to the baby’s cues. Family wants a friendly and professional relationship. Open communication with parents is important, and as is the ability to take initiative planning a fun day while following his cues. Nanny will be responsible for full care related to baby including schedule, laundry, eventual meal planning and preparation, transporting to and from classes and activities, playdates and organizing activities, with daily time outside, and opportunities show him the world around! Sweet baby and a dream job with a lovely family!
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs. and be fit for work
- have 5 years of experience in childcare, 2 of which must be specifically with infants, and at least 2 full-time years as a nanny specifically
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a valid passport or visa with travel permission
- have a professional childcare resume with three professional childcare supervisor references
- speak fluent English
- have a warm and attentive disposition, able to respond well to the baby’s cues, encourage independence, with lots of reading and outdoor time.
- be cooperative and work together as a team, and give and receive new ideas and approaches
- have impeccable communication skills, and understand the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
Though not required, special consideration is given to those candidates who have had further training or certifications in child development. Minimum salary is dependent on experience, amount of hours and overtime, but roughly $850-1300 gross (pre-tax), PLUS a healthcare stipend, education stipend, paid holidays off, sick and vacation time, and Metrocard if needed.
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker
If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #KUWS2309
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)