Full time, Live-out Educational Nanny needed in Morningside Heights, Manhattan - Ref. #HRG0106
A mindful, close, and down-to-earth family of 3 in Central Park North, Manhattan is seeking a loving full-time, live-out long-term nanny to join their family as a vital partner in raising and educating their 2.5 year old inquisitive, caring son. Their current nanny is moving back home after finishing her masters degree, but she has been with them for over 2 years and has become a part of the family. The family maintains a vegan diet, and values kindness, gratitude, and communication. Their approach is Montessori-based, following the child. As with all clients, we have had a phone and face-to-face interview with the family, and they are an absolute dream family. The nanny they chose will be someone who sees themselves as a helpful and vital member of the family, almost as a third parent, who wants to work together for years to come.
The ideal nanny is someone who is creative, curious, well-rounded, highly-reliable, and educationally-minded. Mindful, aware, and using “love and logic” - loving and safe boundaries, with logical consequences. Nanny will be responsible for full care related to child including laundry, meal preparation, transporting to and from school and activities, and taking initiative to plan educational activities around town. The schedule will be Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm.
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be physically active, and able to lift up to 35lbs. and able to climb steps
- have 5 years of experience in childcare, 3 of which must be specifically with ages 2 and up
- at least 1 or 2 previous long-term full-time nanny jobs with one or two consistent family
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a professional childcare resume and three professional childcare references
- have a sound knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- have a warm, friendly, and curious disposition, joyfully wanting to join the family
- encourage independence, and be conversational and engaging
- be cooperative and work together as a team, and give and receive new ideas and approaches, taking initiative and communicating about all the fun you’ve had with their son throughout the day
- have impeccable communication skills, and understand the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
While not required, special consideration for candidates who have a higher education degree in Education or a creative field, classroom teaching experience, and/or speak French or Spanish.
Salary is $1250-1375/week, $23-25/hr gross (pre-tax) plus OT. Rate is solely dependent on education and experience, plus generous monthly healthcare stipend, paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #HRG0106
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)