Part time, Live-out Housekeeper needed in Downtown Brooklyn - Ref. #DTBK1811
A busy professional family of four is seeking a part-time, live-out housekeeper to help manage their home. Their children are 13 and 15 year old, very self-sufficient and self-disciplined with their routines and schoolwork, but still want someone around who is conversational and kind. The schedule can be flexible to be set, but Monday will be a full day, ideally 9-6pm, and Tuesday - Thursday to be 1-6pm. The minimum hours per week is 25 hours. The family lives in a 5 story brownstone, and would like the deep cleaning to be done Mondays, with the other three days for tidying, cooking, and overseeing the household.
The ideal housekeeper is someone who is energetic, kind, communicative, with a strong attention to detail and experienced in prior housekeeping roles with strong references. They have a large dog who barks at new people, so it is imperative that candidates love dogs and have no fear. Housekeeper will be responsible for full care related to the home including laundry + linens, meal preparation, rare errands, and occasional pick up of youngest child from activities. Simply put: someone who is loving and conscientious cleaner, upbeat and thoughtful will do so well with this family. The family has had long-term housekeepers and au pairs and are now looking to consolidate.
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs. and climb many steps
- have 3 years of experience in housekeeping, at least 1 full year of which must specifically be in a private home
- be down to earth and like to engage with relaxed teenagers
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a professional housekeeping resume and three professional references
- be very comfortable with big dogs (care is limited, but interactions are there)
- able to cook healthy, simple meals
- have a warm and calm disposition, able to stay organized and take the reins with confidence
- be cooperative and work together as a team, and have impeccable communication skills, understanding the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
While not required, special consideration given to those candidates who have flexibility to do overnights occasionally when the parents have to travel, or speak Spanish with the children. Salary is $28-32/hr gross (pre-tax) depending on your experience, plus paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker
If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #DTBK1811
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)