Full-time Infant Nanny needed Carroll Gardens - Ref. #CGL1507
A warm, professional, new family of 3 is seeking two experienced, expert, and collaborative full-time nannies to live-in while on-duty (or always, if needed) beginning any time mid-June. Their son was born in February, and is happy as can be! He is on a predictable schedule and is sleep training through the night. Both parents have very demanding jobs, and thus they will need 24/7 availability, as they can be required to work at a moment’s notice. To not lead to burn-out, they are needing a weekday and weekend nanny to provide coverage, some of which is on-call, while physically being in their home. The family is working with a newborn nanny that we love, providing great references of the friendly, team-like environment that is present.
This search has the luxury of being built around the candidates’ needs and experience level. The posed two nanny’s schedules could be Monday AM- Thursday PM, and a Thursday PM-Sunday PM, both living in while on duty (living out when off), -OR- the weekday nanny doing 5 full days but living in their home even on days off if needed, while the weekend nanny does 2 nights and 2 full days (48 hours) and stays in guest area. Weekend nanny does not need to start until August or September, if the nanny desires.
The ideal nanny is someone who is highly experienced with young infants and toddlers in at least two previous full-time nanny roles. Someone who is looking to be a partner in raising their son, and has a down-to-earth personality as well - family is not super rigid nor cold, but is looking for a competent professionals to be a part of their family, whom they can trust in their absence will have the foresight and proactivity to provide a developmentally-supportive environment. Nanny will be responsible for full care related to their son including laundry, eventual meal planning and preparation, planning and transporting to classes and activities, and taking full charge of his developmental needs as the experienced professional in a low stress manner that follows that child instead of correcting or leading.
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs. and climb steps (Brooklyn townhouse home with flights of stairs)
- able to live-in when on duty (may live-in full-time if needed), either during 4 or 5 weekdays, or 2 to 3 weekend days (schedule will be set depending on what the candidate desires)
- have a minimum 5 years of experience in childcare, 3 of which must be specifically with ages 3 months and up as a full-time, long-term nanny
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- speak fluent and clear English
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a valid passport or visa with travel permission, as international travel may be required at some point
- have a professional childcare resume, and three professional nanny references
- be able to travel
- be up to date on vaccinations
- have a warm, confident, and calm personality, able to take the reins with confidence, but step back and let parents’ lead when need be
- be developmentally-minded and demonstrate best practices for infants and toddlers
- be helpful and friendly: working together as a team is a must, giving and receiving new ideas and approaches, and pitching in where necessary
- have impeccable communication skills, and understand the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
Special consideration given to those candidates who can drive outside of the city, and can swim well. Weekend and Weekday Nanny salaries will range between $900-1900/week gross ($46-100k/yr) depending the hourly schedule you select and set, on experience and trainings, plus a healthcare stipend, paid holidays, sick and vacation time. Opportunities for overtime and international travel are included!
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #CGL1507
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)