Full time, Live-out Nanny in Brooklyn - Ref. #CGBK0309
A down to earth, loving, and tight knit family of (soon to be!) 4 in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn is seeking a full-time, live-out French-speaking nanny. Their sweet son just turned 2 and their newborn is due at the end of August. Mom will have 6 months of maternity leave so the nanny will only have two children starting in the wintertime. The schedule will be Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm. They live near the F train, and a longer walk from the 2,3,4,5,R,A,C trains at Borough Hall and Jay St.
We have met with the family in their home, and they are kind, empathetic, and they highly value the professional career of nannies. They are looking for a partner in raising their children, and value open communication, and equal respect and support of each other, all while providing a safe, exploratory environment for their growing child. Dad works from his basement studio and while he is engrossed in work, he is around if needed, though the nanny will eventually be the lead once mom returns from maternity leave.
The ideal nanny is someone who is cheerful, empathetic, flexible, and easygoing: someone able to roll with the life of a 2 year old who will have just become a big brother with a new nanny! Nanny will be responsible for typical nanny-duties: full care related to children including supporting personal responsibility and playfulness with their children, maintaining the tidiness of the children’s areas and belongings, healthy meal preparation, transporting to and from activities, playdates and organizing activities, as well as laundry. Someone who can model great table manners, kindness, and love will be the perfect fit for this family! In the first 6 months of maternity leave, it will be greatly appreciated for someone to take more initiative than normal and help out where you see fit. Family has a weekly housekeeper as well.
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs. and climb steps easily in their Brownstone home
- have 3 years of experience in childcare, some of which must be specifically with toddlers, and 1 full year as a nanny
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a professional childcare resume with three professional supervisor childcare references
- obtain a Tdap whooping cough vaccination, paid for by employers
- speak French fluently (very highly preferred)
- have a warm and empathetic disposition, able to take the reins with confidence, but step back when need be
- encourage independence and language development by being highly attentive and conversational
- be cooperative and work together as a team, and give and receive new ideas and approaches: have impeccable communication skills, and understand the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
Special consideration given to those candidates who have worked with infants and toddlers together.
Salary is $1100-1250 gross (pre-tax) for 45 hours, depending on experience, plus paid holidays, sick and generous vacation time, and possible healthcare stipend, annual raises, and bonus.
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker If you are already in our system, please email us in reference to job #CGBK0309
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)