Full or Part-time Nanny / Household Assistant needed in Brooklyn - Ref. #CBH3009
A kind, busy, and professional family of 4 in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn is seeking a sweet and experienced nanny and household assistant to join their lives. Their children are roughly 5 and 6.5 years old, full of joy and spunk.
They would prefer to hire a live-in, full-time nanny with a split shift, doing some morning hours to help with school departure, and then after-school hours. However, if the right candidate would like to live-out, the position would be a part-time, after-school role, roughly 2-7pm Monday-Friday.
The ideal nanny is someone who is caring, highly organized, and a self-starter - someone who sees potential issues and takes charge to juggle the family’s tasks. Nanny will be responsible for related to children and home including children’s laundry, meal planning and preparation, transporting to and from school and activities, and maintaining the tidiness of their environment.
If the person is taking on the live-in, full-time role, the family is looking for a steady, highly-experienced, righthand for the family. The nanny would also be in charge of maintaining the environment of the children’s areas and all common spaces - basic tidying, organization, preparation for the next day, and some errands, as well as helping with the morning routines. The family has a housekeeper so this would be more keeping the environment in order.
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs. and climb steps in the brownstone home
- have 3 years of experience in childcare, some of which must be with elementary-school age children
- 1 full year as a nanny for the part-time jobs; at least 3 full-time years experience if seeking the live-in full-time role
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a professional childcare resume with three professional childcare references
- be able to cook full meals
- have a warm and proactive disposition, able to take the reins with confidence, but step back when need be
- encourage routines, independence, and be conversational and engaging
- be cooperative and work together as a team, and give and receive new ideas and approaches
- have impeccable communication skills, and understand the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
Special consideration given to those candidates who are flexible in their schedules and are open to working one weekend day, as well as those who can travel internationally with the family. Salary is solely dependent on the amount of hours, but for part-time to full-time ranges between $625-1250/week gross (pre-tax), depending on hours, past experiences and references, plus paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker
If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #CBH3009
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)