Full time, Live-out Nanny Family Assistant needed in Upper East Side - BUES2611
A laid-back, loving, and hands-on family of 4 is seeking a full-time, live-out nanny and family assistant. Their son is 1.5 years old and they have a baby girl on the way! They live by the 4,5,6 trains at 86th Street. The schedule will be Monday-Friday, 9-5 or 8-4, whatever is preferred by the nanny, 40 hours a week guaranteed. The has a calm home environment, and describe themselves as the opposite of Type A. They believe in a more independent play-based approach, and are looking for the right person to come and join their team for the long-term. They have a weekly housekeeper who they adore and has worked with them for years. Family is new to hiring, and desires to provide a respectful, communicative, and collaborative work environment where the caregiver is valued and appreciated. Mom is a full-time, stay at home mom who is warm and fun to be around. She is looking for someone who can be an extra set of hands alongside her, helping to care for their children and home. They also have two small and quiet French bulldogs that we have met, too. Very sweet and cool young family, and a great opportunity for the right candidate.
The ideal nanny is someone who is somewhat experienced, organized, and genuinely loves to be apart of the family and help out in this happy and laid back environment with down-to-earth and kind parents. Typical duties would be care assistant tasks such as tidying, laundry, and organizing belongings, and occasionally walking the dogs, particularly when mom heals from baby’s delivery, in addition to care related to children - playtime, playground fun, food shopping, planning and preparation, transporting to and from activities. Ideally the person can travel, though rarely, and is not required. Family goes to Paris and a few other places, and would love to bring along the person they hire. The right person must have some experience with infancy and toddlerhood, as well as having private, in-home full-time experience.
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs. and climb steps
- have 1 year of full-time experience working in a private home, and at least 2 years of childcare experience with infants and toddlers
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a professional childcare resume and three professional childcare references
- be happy and comfortable around two small French bulldogs, and willing to walk them on occasion if needed
- have a warm and helpful disposition, able to take the reins with confidence, but step back when need be
- encourage independence and allow the child supervised alone time to explore and be “bored” (no screen time)
- be friendly, and work together as a team, giving and receiving new ideas and approaches
- have impeccable communication skills, and demonstrate an understanding of the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
While not required, it is a large plus if the candidate can travel internationally, drive or swim.
Salary is $27-30/hr gross (pre-tax) depending on experience, plus paid holidays, and sick and vacation time.
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker
If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #BUES2611
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)