Part-time, Live-out Nanny needed in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn - Ref. #BKHE0309
A laid-back, active, and tight-knit family of 4 in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn is seeking a silly and outgoing part-time, live-out nanny beginning just after Labor Day in September. Their twins are 4.5 years old, hilarious, well-mannered and respectful, and full of energy. They are looking for someone who can care for, play with, and rally around their budding interests! The family believes in manners, self-discipline and playtime, while supporting the children in their quest to becoming good humans. The schedule will be Monday- Friday, 2:30-6:30pm (except on Tuesdays until 7:30, and Wednesdays until 9pm). Guaranteed hours is 25 per week, but could be slightly more for the right candidate.
The ideal nanny is someone who is high energy, organized, and above all, simply nurturing with kindness. Their nanny must have strong communication skills, patience, and enthusiasm for working with children. Nanny will be responsible for full care related to children including maintaining their schedule via Google calendar, doing some laundry, cooking simple healthy meals, transporting to and from school and activities, and doing very light home organization. A high-level of communication is needed to function as one team with behavior strategies, as one child is diagnosed with ADHD (treated and managed well).
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs. and climb steps in the home
- have 3 years of experience in childcare, 2 of which must be specifically with pre-k ages and up
- 2 years as a nanny
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a professional childcare resume and at least 2 professional childcare references
- have a warm and patient disposition, able to take the reins with confidence, but step back when need be
- demonstrate an ability to take initiative with new approaches and strategies: being cooperative and working together as a team is key
- encourage independence, self-discipline in daily responsibilities, and be conversational and engaging with the children
- be tech savvy and able to catch on to a digital calendar
- have impeccable communication skills, and understand the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
Special consideration given to those candidates who have had experience with children with special needs (particularly ADHD), and has flexibility to stay late or take on more hours if you’d like! Spanish is also a plus, though not required either.
Salary is $26-29/hr gross (pre-tax), depending on experience plus paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker
If you are already in our system, please email us in reference to job #BKHE0309
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)