Full time, Live-out Nanny Household Assistant needed in Brooklyn Heights - Ref. #BHTM0106
A relaxed, cool, and professional Brooklyn Heights family is seeking an organized, helpful, and full-loving full -time, live-out nanny beginning no later than June 3. Their hilarious children will be nearly 3 and 5 at start. This is a two-parent, two-home family, successfully co-parenting, and the schedule will be guaranteed 40 hours a week, and rotates bi-weekly to a SET schedule to balance time in each parent’s home, and so it is reliable and consistent for the nanny. The nanny will be needed until 5pm on Mon+Tuesdays, and until 8pm on Wed+Thursdays. Must be available to start at 7AM Mon-Wed; every other Friday is off, and some days are 12-5pm.
Note that we meet ALL clients twice (on the phone and again in person), and these two are supportive and respectful of each other - there is no tension, and a lightness to each other, so the nanny will not be put in an uncomfortable “in the middle” situation, as parents work together and communicate openly and maturely. They are looking for someone to be the reliable stability in their home so that if their child is sick or has a school holiday, their full-time nanny can step in and be available so that they do not have to take off from their own careers.
Since the children are in school and camp most of the full day, this job will involve some management of the children’s schedule and household, errands, and tidying up of the two homes (not deep cleaning). Therefore, the nanny they chose will be someone who sees themselves as a helpful member of the team, almost as a third parent, and can be highly organized, utilizing a calendar and notebook to communicate how the children are doing in each home. Someone who is loving, empathetic, and has the children’s best needs in mind, making helpful suggestions for their needs and exercising a high-level of communication.
Nanny will be responsible for full care related to the children, including transporting in the mornings to school and after-school activities, and when not with the children, doing their laundry, organizing materials, planning/preparing, and shopping for their meals, running errands, restocking the kitchen, and maintaining the basic tidy environment of the homes. Positive and appreciative environment here!
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs., active to walk between school and homes, and climb steps (mom lives in a 4th floor walk-up)
- have 5 years of full-time experience in childcare, 3 of which must be specifically as a consistent, full-charge nanny with some experience between 3-6 years old
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a valid passport or visa with travel permission
- have a professional childcare resume, and three professional childcare references
- be willing to plan and cook healthy, balanced meals (no chefs required, but also not frozen junk food)
- be reliable and have a flexible schedule to cover kids’ school holidays and sick days (MUST be available every day 7am-5pm, even if not scheduled to come in at 12pm)
- have a warm, “present” and calm disposition, able to take the reins with confidence and communicate effectively as a leader
- genuinely love conversing and caring for children!
- encourage independence, and be conversational and engaging
- be cooperative and work together as a team, and give and receive new ideas and approaches
Special consideration given to those candidates who have college coursework or a degree, and have worked in similar roles below. Salary is $25-27.50/hr gross (pre-tax) for 40 hours guaranteed, plus overtime if beyond 40, dependent on experience and education, plus paid holidays, sick and generous vacation time.
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker
If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #BHTM0106
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)