Full time, Live-out Experienced Nanny needed in Carroll Gardens - Ref. #CGM0403
An active, close, and socially-conscious family of seven in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn is seeking a full-time, live-out nanny. Their children are nearly 9 and 6, and 3 now. The schedule will be Monday-Friday, roughly 12-8pm, with some flexibility required for sick and holidays, and to stay a bit later from time to time. Both moms have an office where they work, but there may be more overlap in the beginning, and they may be working from their home offices.
The family is close knit and loving, and they are looking for an experienced, organized nanny to come in and help manage their children’s lives and schedule for the long-term! They see the partnership running smoothly with open communication, baring in mind what is best for both the family and the nanny. Primary care is of the youngest child, and helping with transporting all three children to and from activities, cook meals, tidy up, prepare for bedtime, etc. Come September, all three children will be in school for the full day, and so the job will take on more household management duties to still provide full time hours.
The ideal nanny is someone who is caring, honest, flexible, physically strong, and emotionally intelligent, able to support children with their developmental needs but maintain boundaries and high expectations. A nanny who is curious, creative, and balanced will be a great support! Nanny will be responsible for full care related to children including all laundry, meal preparation, transporting to and from activities, organizing schedules, helping with errands, homework, and task-management. Light tidying of the home is always appreciated, and to help the children with their responsibilities in this area.
All candidates MUST meet these requirements…
- be able to lift up to 35lbs. and climb steps (3 level home)
- have 7 years of experience of professional childcare experience, 3 of which must be specifically with ages 4 and up.
- 3 years as a full-time consistent nanny with at least one family
- have a valid CPR/First Aid certification or obtain one
- be legally authorized to work in the United States
- submit to a background check
- have a valid passport or visa with international travel permission
- have a professional childcare resume
- have three professional childcare references
- must NOT wear perfume (allergies in the home)
- be a strong swimmer
- be able to travel occasionally with notice, and for July and August to Fire Island (flexible to set the times for what works for you, too)
- have a warm and calm nature, able to take charge with confidence and respect, but ask for guidance from parents as a team
- encourage independence, and be conversational and engaging
- be cooperative and work together as a team, and give and receive new ideas and approaches
- have impeccable communication skills, and understand the unique relationship of private care in someone’s home
Special consideration given to those candidates who speak Spanish, can do overnights rarely, and can travel. Salary is $25-30 gross (pre-tax), DOE, plus paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
TO APPLY : http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/jobseeker
If you are already in our system, please reach out in reference to job #CGM0403
(NOTE: Unfortunately due to the high volume of interest, only those who meet ALL of the strict requirements will be contacted. Kith and Kin does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical disabilities, veteran status, and marital status. KITH & KIN is a New York Nanny Agency serving the nannies and families in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our nanny agency in New York understands the professionalism and reliability needed for nannies and families to have successful working partnerships. If you are seeking a nanny job in New York, we encourage you to apply today by sending your resume above. If you are seeking to hire a nanny in New York, please reach out to us at http://www.kithandkinnyc.com/familyapplication.html)